Normally we go to my Parents house in Oak City for Conference weekend, but this year we stayed home since all of us were coughing and we didn't want to get anyone sick.
It was such a wonderful 8 hours of learning from the 4 sessions of conference. I really enjoyed all the talks on service but the 3 talks that I enjoyed the most were given by Elder Richard G. Scott, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, and Elder Quentin L. Cook.
From Elder Richard G. Scott, I loved how he talked about his wife and what an example of service she is. I was reminded that expressing my love and gratitude for my husband will really help our marriage. I really do love my husband and am so grateful that he is mine for eternity!
From Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, I really liked how he talked about each and every talk being inspired, and that very rarely a topic is given to any of the speakers. He spoke about how the church and the commandments are there for us to follow so that we can return to our Heavenly Father and live with him again. And what hit me the most is that If we are trying to do the BEST that we can, then that is enough!
And finally from Elder Quentin L. Cook, What woman can't LOVE this talk? He starts out saying that we are incredible! Women are responsible for the home and nurturing those around us. The MOST important role that any of us women have is that of a MOTHER! Many of you know that I had a really hard time when I was released from the Relief Society presidency after the twins were born. Today, I finally received the closure that I needed to move on. Really, it doesn't matter where I serve in the church, what matters the very most is that I am a GOOD MOTHER to my children. What hit me the very most from his talk, was when he said, "No woman needs to feel guilty for the choice to work outside the home or not. And we should not judge others for their choice, they and only they can make the choice to be in or out of the home." Many woman work because they must help with their family finances, many have better insurance for their families, and some work, because they feel that it is best for them and their families. I am so grateful that I can stay home with my children and teach and raise them the way that I want to!
Overall, this was a WONDERFUL Conference, full of the spirit. There are many things that I will be working on to make my life and my family's life better! I am so grateful for my testimony of the church. I know that the things that I learned this weekend are true. I am so excited for the next 6 months as I do the best that I can to apply the things that I learned and need to do for me! And I look forward to more instruction next October so that I can learn and grow some more!





1 Thoughts from Friends...:
Thank you Bobbie for sharing your experience of conference, it has been most enlightening. I look forward to hearing the talks first hand or even reading them. We had video conference this w/end here in Australia but as I have been sick, I wasn't able to go. I feel really disappointed I couldn't see it today as I so needed a spiritual uplift right now.
Post a Comment