Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Egg Bouquet

If you've been to my house in the spring you know that I have ZERO decorations in the house for spring, and for Easter... well lets just say all I have are the kids Easter Baskets. This year I was surfing the craft sites I LOVE and found this super cute Egg Bouquet here

Well after looking at this I just knew that I must at least try to make one for my house.

I bought some plastic eggs at Walmart 42 of them for $1.97 and then bought a package of skewers (the wood kind) at Walmart for $0.97, and then instead of using a vase I decided I would put one of those many formula cans to good use and cover it with a fun bright paper. I used a stripe from Stampin' Up's "Ice Cream Parlor" set. Then I added some "Melon Mambo" pom-poms and some green ribbon (that's the only color of that size besides white that I had at my house)! Inside the can I placed a couple plastic grocery sacks and then a floral disk trimmed to fit to hold all the skewers in place!

I absolutely LOVE the way my Easter Egg Bouquet turned out! I love the green crinkle paper spilling over the edges (I just hot glued it on the floral disk to cover some of the skewer ends)! I LOVE that this project cost me less than $5.00 to make since I had most of the supplies on hand!

I put this together in just a few hours! Such an EASY and FAST project to do that is so bright and FUN for Easter!

1 Thoughts from Friends...:

Party of Five said...

That is so cute!! I love it, and I need to be more crafty. I don't have any easter decorations either. Maybe nest year!