
Our Sunday Afternoon was spent having lots of fun as a family and visiting my grandparents in Springville. Kaylin has figured out how to put on her "crocs" all by herself and has since decided that her feet must ALWAYS be covered with shoes! She brought me the white shoe and asked me to put it on for her so I did and then told her to go get her other shoe. She immediately went to her croc and put it on (yes it was the right shoe for her left foot)!! When I tried to change shoes so she could have matching ones, she REFUSED so she spent a couple hours wearing mis-matched shoes. The only way I was able to get that croc off was when I told her we couldn't go bye-bye without her wearing the same shoes.

My grandparents always look forward to our visits. Kaylin was such a happy girl and was full of smiles. At first she is afraid of Grandpa but after a few minutes she warms up to him too (usually it is because he gets her an M&M or Ice Cream)!!! Kaylin immediately goes to Grandma and plays and plays and plays. She Loves Great Grandma Evans very much but maybe it is because she lets her play:

Her organ!!! Yep that's right Kaylin sits down at the organ nearly every time we go over. This time she played for a good 10 minutes and was pushing buttons nearly the whole time and Grandma let her!!! For any of you who don't know my Grandma that was a huge NO-NO when we were there as kids!!!
I am so glad that Kaylin has a relationship with her Great Grandparents. I remember visiting my Great Grandma and Grandpa Richmond and playing at their house! I hope that my Grandparents will be around long enough for Kaylin to remember going to their house to play!!!





4 Thoughts from Friends...:
Love this post, really nice. I have a picture of my Joshua when he was about Kaylin's age with rubber/waterproof boots on ...one pink one and one red one. I absolutely love the photo. I too remember going to my great grandparents house and I loved it. I was very close to my great grandmother and when she was alive so too was my great great grandmother. I have had 5 living generations 3 times in my life time.
Wow, look at her hair!!
How sweet! She is such a lucky girl to have great grandparents to visit! i hope they are around long enough for her to remember too- that is such a special treat!
Next time you go to Grandma's and Grandpa's, let me know, and we'll head up there and hang with you too. :)
Post a Comment