Thursday, July 9, 2009

Poor little Kaylin

Yesterday morning Kaylin woke up with a fever of 102. I thought hmmm... could be teething so I treated the day like she was cutting molars. She played with the kids and was somewhat happy most of the day. When I returned home from Relief Society Presidency Meeting at 9:15 last night I was met nearly at the door with Ryan and Kaylin... Not normal for Kaylin to be up when I get home. Ryan told me... there is something wrong. I took her temperature 103.8 YIKES...so I immediately gave her her dose of Motrin and called the after hours clinic for Kaylin's pediatrician office. The nurse there told me that I shouldn't worry until FRIDAY. She told me to treat the fever with motrin and tylenol (like I already was). If it spiked any higher then I should bring her in but she said kids just get fevers sometimes. I hung up the phone pretty discouraged. I knew my daughter was sick and needed something but I couldn't get an appointment to see the doctor. Ryan and I both called our moms and got advice of how to lower the temperature. After a 1/2 cup of Ice chips (Kaylin's favorite treat besides Ice cream) and an hour and fifteen minutes after the motrin dose it was down to 100. I could live with that one so we put her mattress in our bedroom and we had a slumber party there. All went well until about 3 am when Kaylin woke up with another high temperature of 103.8 and that was the end of our sleep... at least restful sleep. We gave her tylenol and did whatever we could think of to lower her temperature. She refused ice this time (I can't blame her... I wouldn't want it at 3 am either). Finally morning came around 6 am. She was still feverish and I was about to begin my day of work at 7:15!!! By 8 am Kaylin was ready for a nap so I layed her down and called the doctor for an appointment. The girls mom is great and came and picked them up for me to be able to take my little sicko to the doctor. Dr. Matt Clayton was the doctor today and let me tell you he was GREAT!!! At the Doctor's office we learned that Kaylin had a double ear infection and a sore throat. EVERY time I have taken Kaylin in to be seen for any reason I have ALWAYS been right that she needed an antibiotic!!! Kaylin is still feverish but at least we have the drugs to get better within the next few days!!!

2 Thoughts from Friends...:

Lyndsie said...

Poor baby!!! I hope she feels better soon.

Potters said...

Poor girl. I hate when my kid has a fever and there isn't much I can do to make him happy. I hope she feels better soon.