Sunday, March 13, 2011

Stake Conference


Today we attended our Stake Conference. At our Stake Conference Elder Munday of the 70 and Elder L. Tom Perry were there to call a new Stake Presidency
and to speak to us.

In the adult session last night, they spoke about the importance of knowing the doctrines of the gospel and sharing it with others. It was a wonderful meeting and the spirit was definitely strong!

Today, They spoke about being called of God for our callings as well as the importance of the Priesthood. Elder Perry shared a story of when the Prophet came to his home for a meeting that would be held. He was just 7 years old. His mother told him that he had to eat in the Kitchen because his table manners were not appropriate for a prophet. After dinner, the prophet and his father went upstairs for a rest and Elder Perry was sent to the church to save a seat for his mother. When his mother arrived at the church and realized the time, she sent Elder Perry home to wake his still sleeping father who had overslept. His father had Elder Perry go in and wake the prophet up, and then the prophet spent a few minutes talking with him.
What an amazing thing for a child to experience!

After the meeting, Elder Perry agreed to shake the hands of those wanting to shake their hands. We were not in the building for the meeting, but were watching in our church, so we decided to drive over to the Stake Center (just 2-3 blocks away) and stand in line for this special opportunity! 45 minutes later, our entire family (even the babies) shook the hand of an Apostle of the Church, Elder L. Tom Perry!

I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the gospel. I am so grateful that our church is led by a Prophet and Apostles. I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that we can all receive inspiration, from the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I know that through our temple Marriage, our Family can and WILL be together Forever!

1 Thoughts from Friends...:

Katie Jane said...

Thanks for sharing Bobbie!