
We had so much fun in Oklahoma. Nana and Papa really liked having both of their grand-daughters there. I know this picture doesn't really show their faces, but they had smiles on their face most of the time we were there. Kaylin loved being the older one and LOVED playing with Emerson.

The boys in the family spent most of the days and nights watching football. If there was a game on they were watching... or shall I say sometimes napping. In the picture above, I came in after getting ready for Kaylin's almost 1 party to find both Ryan and his dad asleep! Both of them denied it until I showed them the proof!

Kaylin's birthday is about 3 weeks away and because only Nana and Papa will be here for her actual birthday; we decided to have an almost 1 party for Kaylin. Above is a picture of her enjoying her cupcake. She LOVED it very much. I can't wait until her birthday party here in Utah when she gets to eat her own chocolate cake!

All weekend, Kaylin thought that it was so fun to blow "raspberries". I on the otherhand was not amused at all. Ryan captured my face perfectly to her spitting everywhere!
We had so much fun with our family and friends while in Oklahoma. Nana and Papa made the week so fun by giving Kaylin presents every day. She got 2 books, 2 puzzles, and a toy cell phone and keys. I loved watching Kaylin play with her new toys and thought it was a great idea to give her the toys 1 per day, that way she wasn't too overwelmed with presents all at once. In the 6 days we were there Kaylin's vocabulary has grown so much. She was talking or signing almost constantly. She wanted to get into Nana's cactus all the time and the whole time scooting over to it she would say, "no, no, no..."! I guess I need to teach her better what NO means!
Kaylin did well on the airplane. We almost always get looks from the passengers around us that seem to say, "oh man we have a baby around us." After the flights we had several people tell us what a good traveling baby we have. Hopefully this good behavior will continue so that we can still enjoy our flights to Oklahoma for our visits/vacations!!!
2 Thoughts from Friends...:
Don't you hate that when people automatically assume that your baby is going to be a terrible travelling companion. When my 3rd child Jason was just under 1 year I travelled from Melbourne to the Gold Coast in Queensland on a coach and he was so good. I got those looks too and I think that the passengers were pleasantly surprised at how truly good he was.
We're glad you guys are back and that we got to hang out with you the other night. Even if it ended in crying and near swearing from the menfolk! Haha. -VAL
Post a Comment