Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kaylin's Birthday Party...

(Of course when you want to blog something is some sort of order... blogger puts the pictures on wrong and I can't change it... so the post below is a little out of order but it works!)

We had so much fun at Kaylin's party. We had a yummy lunch (turkey or ham sandwiches, vegi tray, Grandma Evans' potato salad, Jennie's Pasta Salad, and chips)!! We also enjoyed Cake and Ice Cream after presents were opened!


Madelyn and Hiett (Kaylin's Cousins) were some of the 20 or 25 people at the party! Kaylin LOVES the Backyardigans so we went with party hats and dessert plates. The kids loved them (at least the ones who know who the Backyardigans are)!


I went all out on her party! I know that for a first birthday they will not remember but I just had to! I hung streamers from the ceiling fan and we put the balloons that Nana and Papa Murphy sent on the mantle. It was so cute and we had so fun. Before everyone arrived, Kaylin played with the new Learning Table we got for her.

Kaylin really got into opening her presents. She got lots of great stuff, thanks to all of you who gave her something she LOVES them all!!


This is Kaylin's cake! It think it turned out pretty cute! The rest of us ate smaller cupcakes! Much easier to serve that way!
As for the lack of pictures for this day... In the middle of opening presents our camera died! YES just stopped working even if we put in NEW batteries. For those of you following our camera saga I just got this one in JULY 2008 for my Birthday!!! I will definately be contacting KODAK because there should be NO reason why it should have died! We have been really overly nice to this camera because we really didn't want to buy another! Thankfully for Mom, Emily and Val who took pictures for me but now I have to wait to get them! So the messy faced 1 year old post will have to be another time!
After some of the family and friends left, Kaylin started playing with her toys. She got a horse on wheels and figured out how to make it go backwards. She LOVED that she could get places lots faster. Kaylin also got up on her hands and knees and started CRAWLING! Oh how I wished I had my camera to capture the moment of her crawling, that too will have to come at another time when I get my camera fixed, replaced, or I just give in and buy another!!




3 Thoughts from Friends...:

Heidi and Sam said...

Your little girls is so cute! I have to agree with you going all out for her birthday, They don't remember but IT IS so worth it because she'll only have one first birthday :) Oh and CuTe cake. Love the blog Bobbie! Hope to talk to you soon.

valmike said...

I posted some pictures on my blog. I'll catch you with the rest on my flash drive on Tuesday. Oh, I need to text you the details on lunch. -VAL

Katy said...

Congrats on your cute little one being one! That is so happy! It looks like you had a fun time!