Monday, January 26, 2009

Standing up...

This morning when I put Kaylin down for her nap she started to cry a different cry than she ever has so I ran upstairs to see what was wrong. When I opened the door I found Kaylin STANDING in her crib!!! She has been getting up on her knees for a few weeks, but never anything more and she would just cry until we helped her up the rest of the way so I didn't expect her to be STANDING in her crib!!! It took over 45 minutes of repeatedly laying her down for her to finally stay down and go to sleep and then she only slept for about 45 minutes. Does anyone have any tips for me on how to keep her laying down in her crib when it is time to sleep (besides rocking her to sleep; she won't let me even attempt that... I tried)!!!?!!

I can't believe how she thinks she is not a baby any more. I feel like she turned one so she thinks she has to everything a big girl is suppose to do in 2 days!!!

4 Thoughts from Friends...:

Christina said...

ahh how fun!! well not the not napping part but the standing part!! i have no ideas for you, sorry :( hopefulyl once its not new and exciting she will kinda stop, lol

Abraham and Sara said...

Penelope did the same thing when she started to stand. I had to let her cry for 5 or 10 minutes, go in and lay her down, and repeat it until she went to bed. Sometimes I still have to go in and remind her that it is bedtime. It's exciting to see them grow, huh?

Potters said...

She is so adorable! My suggestion is to just keep going in and laying her down. She will get a hold of it.
Sarah Tanner

Lotti said...

Kaylin is so beautiful....they are so clever at that age, learning so much and taking in everything they see ...and copying. It's so nice enjoying every little bit of progress in their lives.