Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Kaylin!!!

One year ago today this is where I found myself...

At the hospital about ready to have my beautiful baby girl. My water broke in the middle of the night so I knew I would be having my baby by 3:30am no matter what (you have to have them within 24 hours after this happens)!! At 6:30 am I was put on pitocin to help contractions come better, at 8:30am I had my epidural and then at almost 2pm I finally started pushing! At 4:48pm Kaylin Sarah Murphy was finally born! I didn't get to hold her right away because the respitory therapist needed to get out all the "gunk" before anyone got to hold her! I saw pictures of her before I got to hold her! Thanks to digital camera's!!


Kaylin weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 19 inches long.

At 6 weeks old, Kaylin got RSV and was put on Oxygen at home. Let me tell you the hardest thing I have ever had to do was to put the little tube in her nose, knowing it would be at least a week that she would need the oxygen. 6 days later the oxygen was removed and that was a great day! We hope to NEVER repeat this again!




Kaylin has learned so much in the last year and I know she will continue to learn so much in the years to come! Kaylin loves to play with her dolls, balls, stacking cups, the remote control (she can reprogram the TV faster than you think), any cell phone she can get her hands on, and the lion! She has begun talking quite a bit in the last few weeks and is signing more and more!




Kaylin has always been such a happy, good baby! I think I am VERY blessed. Kaylin has such a way of making everyone happy and laugh when they need it. I am so extremely grateful to have Kaylin in my life. I really don't know what I would do without her; she has brought Ryan and I so much happiness. We LOVE being her parents and seeing her learn and grow! Now if only we could get her walking!!! LOL!!!




4 Thoughts from Friends...:

Lyndsie said...

Happy Birthday!!! (And you don't really want her walking yet!! :) They move faster when they can walk).
Have a fun day with your baby!!!

Toners said...

YAY! It was funny, bekah's first birthday was so exciting for me, her second... I cried most of the day! They get big so fast!

So, I totally need to see pictures of you pregnant. The last time I saw you I guess you were a couple months from being pregnant, then you find me and you have a baby! Post pregger bobbie pictures!

the lunch lady said...

happy birthday!! (to you both!)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! I can't belive she is one already. They grow up so fast.