Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day fun!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving! We went to Oak City to my Parent's house for dinner! When we got there, mom already had the turkey in the oven, and had pretty much planned out the day. Marie Callendar's Pies were our pies of choice this year so we didn't need to make any pies but the banana cream and I was planning on doing that when the kids (Madelyn and Hiett) made their own pies (I got the idea from Studio 5)!! At 11 am or so Football was turned on and the guys settled down for a LONG day of Football. During the half time of the first game Matt and Ryan went out and threw a football and dad joined after a few minutes. Mom and I just visited and Emily enjoyed watching the half time show. Mom was trying to figure out a little box to take treats to club in so we found ourselves on splitcoaststampers web site looking for ideas. We printed out several ideas that all seemed easy and cute to do! When the rolls were ready to raise, mom asked if I wanted to make one of the boxes. So mom and I pulled out her scrapbooking stuff and a few minutes later we had created a cute box that looks like a milk carton. Because it didn't take very long and we didn't need to do anything for dinner yet we decided to make another one which was just as easy and fun! Who would think that you could paper craft (scrapbook) on Thanksgiving day? At 5 pm Jennie, JD and their kids (Madelyn, Hiett and Caleb) arrived and we sat down to eat! Kaylin ate everything I gave her (Potatoes and gravy, green beans, sweet potatoes, turkey, Mom's roll) and dad gave her a few bites of Cranberry sauce; which she liked!!! I couldn't believe that Kaylin ate so much and I couldn't believe that I ate so much! After dinner was cleaned up I made pies with Madelyn and Hiett and I think that they enjoyed making the pies more than eating them!

We had such a fun Thanksgiving Day! What did you do?

2 Thoughts from Friends...:

Brooke and Aaron said...

We're glad you had a fun day! We split the time up between both sides of the family (since both parents live locally). It was nice to see everyone but a little crazy. Oh well. We're moving to Salt Lake in about 3 weeks! We'll have to meet up soon!

Amber said...

We went down to Spanish Fork and spent it with Kenny's parents who were in town.