Thursday, March 18, 2010

The last few days...

For the last couple of days I have had some pretty good pressure and some even better braxton hicks contractions. Today rather than persevere, I chose to call the doctor, praying that everything would be okay. They immediately sent me to labor and delivery to be monitored, because you never know with twins what could be happening! I arrived at the hospital just before 11 and they put all the contraptions to monitor only to find that the twins were moving too much to get a good reading so we had to have an ultrasound done. The ultrasound revealed that Evan (the baby on bottom) had done a complete flip since the last ultrasound and was in the cannon ball position with his little head in my pelvic area. Ashlyn hadn't really moved a whole lot just kind of down a little so that Evan could have some space.

Long story short, everything checked out good. Cervix is still completely closed; No infections; and No coming home on bed rest! I was however told that I needed to drink more. I already feel like I am drinking constantly, but if that means NO pain or pressure then I'll drink another glass of water or more every day! I've got to do whatever is necessary to keep these babies in for 12 more weeks at least!

1 Thoughts from Friends...:

Lotti said...

Glad to hear that everything is fine and that you and babies are doing well. Will remember you in my prayers. Those little guys just have to stay there a bit longer yet.