I have worked in Child Care for over 12 years but never felt this kind of exhaustion over taking care of 1 toddler that isn't even walking yet! I was talking with my mom about this and she said, You didn't have 2 flights of stairs at the day care!!!
Kaylin absolutely LOVES her newly acquired skill of climbing up the stairs. At first she couldn't go up to our bedrooms because the hardwood floors made it too slippery but she has since figured that out and LOVES to go up there to play! I feel like I am constantly getting her off the stairs or following her to make sure she doesn't fall or get into anything I don't want her in! I can't just run upstairs for anything any more because she is right there behind me. Cleaning the house has gotten even harder because it is best done when she is asleep and there isn't much of that any more either. When I make dinner she has to get in her high chair to play because if she didn't she could be anywhere in the house getting into anything! I am now child proofing the entire house from an active 13 1/2 month old that I am sure is only weeks away from walking and then I really will be in trouble!
For any of you who are in the toddler stage or have been in this stage I admire you more now! It takes a whole lot of patience to deal with the toddlers...
Meet Olivia Juliet!
9 years ago





4 Thoughts from Friends...:
I too have two sets of stairs. I got two different gates. They come in very handy to make sure they stay on one floor. I hope you get everything figured out.
Good luck!!! That is a time that my house didn't get cleaned much at all. I would put gates up everywhere and try to keep them contained to one room!!! Just enjoy it (if that is possible!! :) ) This is such a fun age.
The child gate for the stairs and cabinet locks are my best friends! Good thing Kaylin so stinking cute...it kind of makes up for the craziness.
Been there, done that....5 times in fact. This too shall pass! Eventually they get through this time. They become more confident and you don't worry about them falling over so much or getting hurt. They seem to become confident fairly quickly. In the meantime baby proofing the house is surely the way to go.
Post a Comment