Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mom's Roll Recipe

As Promised for Buddy and Jenny at the Christmas Party at Grandma's here is my mom's roll recipe.

Golden Knots

2 pkg (2 TBSP) Yeast
1 c. plus 2 TBSP Sugar, divided
1/2 c. Warm water
2 c. Milk
1/2 c. Butter or Margarine
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Salt
8-8 1/2 c. Flour

In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 2 TBSP Sugar in 1/2 c. water.
Melt butter in microwave, add 1c. water and 1 c. milk add eggs and mix well. Add to yeast mixture, add 1 c. sugar and salt. Add flour, mix with dough hook for 8-10 minutes. Cover and let rise until doubled, punch down dough, shape into rolls. Let rise. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Brush with butter while still warm.

I still have a hard time getting them to turn out like mom's but she says that it takes lots of practice to make them just right. One of these days I hope to make them just as good, but until then I will be enjoying my mom's rolls just like everyone else!!!

Mom informed me that the rolls would turn out better if you used 2 cups of milk and 1 cup less water. I have changed it on the recipe posted above! Now hopefully my rolls will be more like hers. Thanks Mom!!

2 Thoughts from Friends...:

Jenny and Buddy said...

Yay! You posted it! Thank you! I'll have to try it one of these days, but like you I'm sure it will take lots of practice to make them just as yummy. So I'll just have to get my fill at Christmas :)

aunt 'L' said...

Hey, the rolls might turn out better if you use 2 cups of milk instead of just one. Love, Mom