Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Decorations Down!!!

I always hate the time that all of my Christmas decorations must come down. Because we are going to Oklahoma tomorrow, I had to give in and take everything down. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would only about 1 1/2 hours and I even took down the lights we had outside by our flower bed. It was fun thinking about where I got the decorations. My most favorite decoration is my Grandma Christensen's Nativity set that I got after she died 3 years ago! The box I keep it in is the box that she did so it is great to see her hand writing on the box. It makes me remember how I would always go decorate her house for Christmas and put out that same nativity set on her entertainment center. I LOVE the Christmas season and all of the wonderful memories I have!

2 Thoughts from Friends...:

Autumn said...

Have a fun, safe trip. Taking down Christmas is always bitter sweet. I love remembering all the good times with my hand-me-downs, but it's nice to have my house back to "normal".

Nicole said...

I can't wait to take them down. That's what we are doing this weekend sometime!